Friday, October 22, 2010

BUDWEISER FACTORY ST LOUIS

Have you ever felt so excited that you don't sleep well and when you get up you have that butterfly feeling? Well, that was me today :)
Surely you can see my excitment? Adam is trying to keep me upright so I don't faint.
I walked inside and I seriously felt my heart stop IT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!!!! They have a ton of things to read and stuff but we got there just in time for the Beermaster Tour so we went and started that.
They take you around most the factory, you have to wear a hat (which you keep in the end) and safety goggles at some places. It was brilliant, you get a headset too for when you can't hear the tour guide. There was the four of us and another two people so real small.




We were on this tour for about an hour and a half and got to take some samples from the area where they label the bottles and from where they put the beechwood in. As we walked around the smell reminded me of toasted cheese sandwiches, odd but yum! The room where they bottle the beer you could see it not making it into the bottles at some points but it didn't stink.
Then the best part - we all got given a glass and got to have a bud from the vat - 8 hour old bud it was the most delicous thing EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then we went back to a room and had half an hour to try some buds so we all got different ones (cause Anheuser-Busch brew a few different families too). These are the others we tried:
American Ale

Amber Bock

Shock Top

Bud Light Lime
That tour done, we had a bit of time to kill before the next one. We went and had some lunch then went to the gift shop -  where for the first time in ever I wished I didn't wear just black!!! I bought anything black I could and if I didn't live so far away I would of bought more, I did ok I only spent $250!!
Then we did the beer school which was only about half an hour and we pretty much tasted the beers above so wasn't that great. The cool thing is we got certificates:

Then we walked past the giftshop to leave and I saw one more shirt I was like oh I better buy that too hahahahaha but it  was BRILLIANT and Lolly and Daniel please find out how we can get the puppies over here, I stopped at their employment office (they probably have it, they have their own bank, barber and nail salon!!!) and applied for any job at all, after 6 months working there you get 2 cases a month..... SEE YA AUSTRALIA!! (jk of course xx)

5 comments:

  1. And just to clarify all of a sudden this stupid blog doesn't want to let me do normal text anymore its driving me nuts! That is all. Budweiser.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I gathering you enjoyed it :P How was the BL with Lime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. With lime sounds nice! I really want one now too.. All sounds excellent!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love BL Lime!!! Sounds like you went on a deluxe tour. I did not get a hat when I went :'( lol

    And I got a shirt when I went that is white and says "Anheuser-Busch Official Beer Taster" in pink letters. Although I'm guessing you don't like the color pink :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't like BL Lime personally but I don't like carona's either so that makes sense. Paige I didn't see those shirts there but even if I did I couldn't wear it, it has to be black!
    Adam liked the BL Lime. I'm just loving Bud Select!

    ReplyDelete

Followers